Date: Saturday, January 21, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.
Location: Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Cost: Activities included with Museum Admission
Come celebrate Lunar New Year at Pier 21! Learn about traditions and Lunar New Year practices from various Asian cultures with a fun-filled day of workshops, performances, and ongoing activities.
The day’s activities will include:
- An introduction by the Confucius Institute of Saint Mary’s University to Chinese New Year traditions, Chinese writing and paper cutting; a red bag to give away and a Chinese tea workshop
- Taekwondo, samulnori, violin playing, and gayageum performances from the local Korean community
- A Mongolian dance demonstration and workshop
- Creating your own dragon dance stamps with stamp artist Carloe Liu, who will also hold a workshop on origami
- Performances from the Chinese Culture & Art Club of Nova Scotia
Don’t miss it!