Since ancient times, cultures all over the world have been fermenting. Recent studies show that fermented foods and probiotics are highly beneficial to our digestive system, immune system, and overall health. The process of fermentation can preserve the nutrients in our food, create beneficial enzymes and improve digestibility.
Join our Holistic Nutritional Consultant to learn about the health benefits of kombucha, water kefir, and fermented veggies – and how to make your own at home!
- Learn about the difference between “living” vs. preserved pickles & sauerkraut
- Discuss the health and nutritional benefits of incorporating ferments into your diet
- Watch step-by-step demonstration & learn how to make your own at home
- Sample various types of kombucha, water kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, and pickles
- Receive an informative handout with recipes to take home
Sunday, March 12, 2017
12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market Boardroom
$29 + tax
Deadline for registration is Friday, March 3 at midnight, space is limited. Buy tickets online now or call 902-266-3858 with your credit card. Payment can be made in-store with cash at our Fresh Bar location.
The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is wheelchair accessible, with gender-neutral and accessible washrooms on-site. If you require any special accommodations, please contact us. The boardroom is located on the second floor of the market at the South End. The Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market is at 1209 Marginal Road.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.