April 5, 2019, Halifax, Nova Scotia – The 2019 Halifax cruise season will officially start April 8 at 9:30 a.m. with the arrival of Marina, an Oceania Cruises vessel, at Pier 31. Please note there is no public access to Pier 31.
With 190 vessels carrying approximately 320-thousand expected cruise guests during the 2019 season, the Port of Halifax is preparing for the busiest cruise passenger season to date.
2019 Halifax Cruise highlights include:
- Eight (8) scheduled inaugural calls in 2019, starting with the arrival of Zaandam, a Holland America Line vessel, on April 29
- On July 26, we will welcome two Queens to Halifax, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary 2
- Four visit from Queen Mary 2 on July 2, July 26, September 13 and October 16
- One visit from Disney Magic on September 23
- October 2, 2019 is expected to be the busiest passenger day with over 10,000 cruise guests on five vessels
A complete vessel posting can be found at the Cruise Halifax website at http://cruisehalifax.ca/our-visitors/cruise-schedule/.
Manager, Media Relations & Communications
Halifax Port Authority
Ph. (902) 426-7375